Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In Tune with the Young People.....

Crossroads Youth Group
The Youth Group at Crossroads Community Church started 2 months ago. On average, there is a weekly attendance of 40 young people whose ages range from 13 – 16 years.

The leader of the Youth Group is Brilliant Khoza, a 2nd year apprentice at Ebenezer Training Centre. He is passionate about God and his desire is to see young people from the community serving God and using their talents to help the elderly, widows & orphans etc in the community. He enjoys the Youth Group and he has met many different characters.

Some comments from the young people:

1) Vusumuzi Nyathi – 16 years. I enjoy learning the Bible. My favourite scripture is Proverbs 3:5 – 6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your paths.”
2) Aleck Tshabangu – 16 years. I enjoy the worship most and the games.
3) Nkosana Moyo – 15 years. I enjoy the praise and worship. I like dancing. I also like the jokes. They are funny.
4) Manuel Tshabangu – 13 years. I come to Youth to learn about the Bible and to have fun when I’m not at school.
5) Shylet Ndlovu – 15 years. I find Youth exciting when we share verses from the Bible and worship God.
6) Liznet Maphosa – 14 years. I attend Youth because I want to be taught the word of God.
7) Patricia Moyo – 15 years. I come to Youth to pray for my situation at home and school.
8) Talent Maphosa – 16 years. I enjoy Youth when we learn about our talents ad trust God.

It’s just so exciting that young people can come together and enjoy themselves on a Saturday afternoon. As Crossroads, we really want to see the young people living a life for God and influencing change in the community.

God is able to do that for us.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: