Monday, July 20, 2009

The Absolom Family pt 1

Lesley Absolom busy in her kitchen

Stephen and I had the privilege of spending time again this year in the home of Mark and Lesley Absolom. What a precious couple they are and so passionate about hospitality…….
M.M: Tell me a little about yourself?L.A: I was born in Poole and I have an older brother Stephen. I was born into a Christian family and I desired a relationship with Jesus. I had an encounter with him when I was 15 years and I got baptized. I went to school in Poole and in college I studied Social Care. I worked in schools with children with disabilities as a pastoral care worker. I met Mark, my husband, when I was16 and we got married 4 years later. We have 4 children and Lady – our dog.

M.M: How best would you describe your family life?L.A: Hectic, but great. I love it.

M.M: Great. Tell me about your hobbies.
L.A: I love my garden and cooking. I also love swimming, walking, camping, reading, listening to music and socializing.

M.M: Your garden is really looking good! You attend Gateway Church. How would you describe it?L.A: It’s Gods family, challenging, exciting, supportive and always room for more.

M.M: Great. A very bold question up next. What do you think of Matt and Grace Hosier?L.A: Love them to bits. They are a very special couple and very gifted. They also have lovely children. Matt is a very gifted teacher, particularly building up the men. His gifting is raising up leaders.

M.M: Here, here. I could toast to that. Any comments on the change that has taken place?L.A: Change at church; change is good. We need to grow. The change at Gateway has been exciting. We are definitely seeing more young people and students. Seeing the men in the worship group is wonderful. Overall, it’s just been very good.

M.M: Thanks so much Lesley. I’m really looking forward to seeing you and Mark back in Zimbabwe. May God continue to use you and Mark as you continue to reach out and minister to people in your community.

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: