Friday, July 3, 2009

A lighter note...Visiting family in the U.K

It's always so exciting visiting the U.K in July as Stephen and I get a chance to visit family and friends.

Being with my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew is GREAT. I "unwind" from the pressures of Zimbabwe life while getting a chance to see what is happening in Northampton and beyond.

One of my favourite adventures is going shopping with my niece who is half my age. It's just so interesting. What I consider "practical", she doesn't and what she considers important - like clothes - I think is crazy. But, in this fusion, we have such FUN.

Amidst the relaxation, I'm constantly in touch with friends and work colleagues in Zimbabwe. It's wonderful not having to worry about electricity or water cuts, even if it just for a week or two.

More adventures begin as Stephen and I head down to Weymouth to spend some time with Steve and Catherine Hunter and friends, before attending the Brighton Conference.

Stay tuned for our adventures.

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: