Monday, July 20, 2009

One on One with Matt & Grace Hosier pt 1

Getting to know Matt & Grace Hosier pt 1

Matt & Grace lead Gateway Church in Poole. They are a wonderfully gifted couple and such special friends. They have four beautiful daughters. I managed to interview both Matt and Grace and this is what they had to say…….
M.M: Tell me something of your background.
G.H: I was born in 1969 in the Midlands. I moved to the North East England at the age of 8 and grew up in Hex ham. Scripture Union ran in the summer for 2 weeks at a Bible Camp and that is where I heard the gospel. I gave my life to Jesus when I was 10 years. I stayed in town until university where I majored in English and drama. I went to do teacher training in new Castle where I met Matt. I was 21 when we met and we married when I was 24. It took me a while to persuade him I was the right lady for him. We have 4 girls: Georgina 11, Suzi 9, Nancy 8 and Felicity 4.

M.M: How best would you describe your family life?
G.H: Noisy, lots of fun, exuberant. It’s an adventure all the time.

M.M: Great. Tell me about your hobbies.
G.H: I like to eat nice food, fishing in our boat, cycling with Matt and camping with the girls. We love the outdoor life in Poole because there is so much to do.

M.M: When did you move from Sidcup and how have you found the transition?
G.H: We moved from Sidcup in January 2008 and God was so gracious to us. He provided friendly faces and families. (Grace is weeping now at the goodness of God). It has been a great blessing as people were happy with us. No time to look back and no space for feeling sad. We shared our stories to get to know people and there was such a blessing in that. We’ve made life long friends and it stays that way.

M.M: That’s great. Any highlights in ministry?
G.H: a) People’s enthusiasm for pressing on in the things of God b) people embracing the new name and building. It speaks of God having new and wider things for us c) We are a Gateway to the kingdom of God. d) All the prophetic words spoken over us as a church and people’s heads are up and seeing the wider vision of God.

M.M: Any challenges in ministry?
G.H: Early on and ongoing as well as in leadership, the challenge has been to form deep friendships. It takes time and sharing ones life. Making friends outside the church takes commitment. It’s hard but I’ll make it happen.

M.M: With God, you can do anything. Any nuggets for ladies in leadership?
G.H: Fight for time alone with your man and enjoy being with him. Everything else flows out from that. Be his best friend and support. Have fun and it makes church easier.

M.M: Thanks so much Grace. May God continue to use you and Matt mightily in Gateway Church, your surrounding community and regions beyond.

By Molly Manhanga




No comments: