Saturday, July 11, 2009

Steve & Catherine Hunter pt 1

Catherine Hunter

Steve and Catherine lead the Weymouth Family Church in Weymouth. They have four beautiful children. I managed to interview both Steve and Catherine and this is what they had to say…….
M.M: Tell me something of your background.
C.H: I come from Dorset. I have 2 sisters and we had a stable, happy family life. I became a Christian when I was 12 years old and I wanted to be a teacher. I did a 4 year teacher training course and worked in Poole. Steve grew up in Dorset and went to church in Fern dam. That is where we met. We met when we were 25 and got married at 26. We have 4 children: Hannah which means Grace of God is 10, Jemimah – Dove, spirit is 8 years old, Benjamin - Right hand of God is 6 and Abigail means Beautiful.

M.M: How best would you describe your family life?
C.H: Hectic, very busy and very sociable.

M.M: How long have you been leading the church?
C.H: 5 years. Steve was an Elder for 4 and now he has been the lead Elder for a year.

M.M: What have been the highlights of ministry?
C.H: I just love New Frontiers – the ethos, teaching, being part of a family of churches. I love the community aspects of church. I also love meeting people from different countries like Zimbabwe and Philippines and hearing about what is going on.

M.M: That’s great. Any lowlights in ministry?
C.H: Time pressures – having to balance children, church and self.

M.M: Stephen Manhanga from Zimbabwe preached this morning. What nuggets did you get from his message?
C.H: He challenged people prophetically, to bring in others with you. My passion for evangelism and reaching people has grown. This was the challenge this morning and we have masses of opportunity in the pre-school and school community. The question is where do I take it from here?

M.M: Any final comments?
C.H: Every day, every year, I become more convinced that the gospel is the only way to change people’s lives. It’s our only HOPE.

M.M: Thanks Catherine. May God continue to use you and Steve mightily in Weymouth Family Church, your surrounding community and regions beyond.

Steve Hunter

No comments: