Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Leadership and Self-Deception

Leadership and Self-Deception
“Getting out of the box”
By The Arbinger Institute





Steven C. Wheelwright, Professor, Sr. Associate Dean, Harvard Business School comments on this book; “Fascinating, thought provoking, and insightful! This book is a wake up call to all those who think they’re good with people, and a must-read for those who know they need to be better. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down.”

Louise Francesconi, Vice President, Raytheon Corporation says this book is “A fantastic journey that gave me great insight into how I affect others. This book completely changed how I see myself as an individual and as a leader.”

I accidently stumbled upon this book in my office in Kezi. A friend left it behind under a pile of accessible files. Out of curiosity at how the words “Leadership” and “Self-Deception” are put together, I started reading the book. It’s a fascinating and instructive story.

"Leadership and Self-Deception" shows what self-deception is, how people get trapped in it, how it undermines personal achievement and organizational performance, and- most importantly- the surprising way to solve it.

A Book Review will follow shortly.

No comments: