Thursday, December 3, 2009

One on one with Pastor Mark Macklin

Pastor Mark Macklin
Senior Pastor of Christian Community Church, West London


M.M: Tell me briefly about your background?
M.M: I was in youth and children’s Ministry for about ten years. I led another church for four years before I became the senior leader at CCCWL. Long ago, I spent some years in the army and when I left, I worked for a computer firm.


M.M: How best would you describe your family life?
M.M: Julie and I have three children: Ami 15, Ryan 13 and Cameron 10. It is hectic even chaotic at times, but a lot of fun. We thank God for three excellent young people.


M.M: How long have you been leading the church?
M.M: Ten years last month


M.M: What have bee the highlights of the ministry?
M.M: I love most things about what I do. Seeing people connect with God is always the best part of it.


M.M: Any challenges you've faced?
M.M: Challenges I have faced just today, just joking. Challenges are always there, just different in each place.
Challenges for us here in London :

1. Trying to get people to understand that God wants to use them.

2. Trying to help people understand change in Church life.

3. Wanting to be relevant to the community and not seen like some dinosaur from another age.

4. The lack of space !!


M.M: How was your Sunday service at Crossroads?
M.M: The first thing I noticed was friendly people. The second thing was that these people wanted to be in Church and engaged in worship. Nothing was going to stop the service, even when we lost half the canvas roof. Nothing seemed to bother the leaders. We were here to have Church and that’s what we will do. We can all learn a lot from that. It was a great experience and one that I feel privileged to have seen and been a part of.


M.M: This is so encouraging. Any words of encouragement for us here in Kezi?
M.M: Just keep pushing through. Every set back that may come can be turned into an opportunity. If you can find that key of opportunity in everything, who knows what God will do in that place.


M.M: You've been a real blessing to us at Crossroads. Enjoy your time in Zimbabwe.



By Molly Manhanga

No comments: