Sunday, January 10, 2010

On Mission in Kezi, Bulawayo - James Allen


James Daniel Allen
James Daniel Allen is from Croydon, South London and attends Beulah Family Church. The Church is led by John Clevely. John will be visiting Harare, Zimbabwe in less than two weeks time. It’s great getting to know James and I really hope he has an extraordinary, life- changing experience in Kezi, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.

M.M: Tell me something of your background.J.A: I was born in Croydon. My parents were part of the house church that eventually became Beulah Family Church. We joined New Frontiers in the mid-eighties. I recall going to Downs Bible Week and Stoneleigh in the summer. I was in Croydon and attended Beulah until I was 18 then I went to University in Hertfordshire. I got involved in Kings Community Church, Hertfordshire which is led by Dave Rigby. After university, I felt God had unfinished business with me so I returned to Beulah. I am involved in the Youth. I have done my first preach and I’m looking to doing more of that. I have an exciting job as a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO). I’ve been doing this for 2 years but ultimately I’m seeking to become a full police officer.
M.M: What are you passionate about?J.A: God’s plans for my life and of who HE is – knowing more about that and experiencing new things and Arsenal FC!
M.M: What do you do to relax?J.A: I read and I’ve started a journal, travelling and football. I support Arsenal.

James at Crossroads Community Church

M.M: What were your impressions of Zimbabwe before coming?J.A: I was aware that Zimbabweans have a healthy attitude towards life and they don’t let things get them down.
M.M: You’ve been in Zimbabwe for 2 days now. What are your impressions now?J.A: Zimbabwe has the warmest, most genuine people I’ve come across and they are genuinely friendly. It’s beautiful. I expected it to be arid but there are many more trees than I thought. It’s really beautiful.
M.M: Who has shaped your life?J.A: My family – my dad and mum and brother. Also my Pastors – John Clevely and Dave Rigby.
M.M: What are you expecting to gain/learn from this trip?J.A: I don’t know but I’m aware that God will teach me things about myself, about Him and about life that will impact my life significantly. I’m just not sure how yet.
M.M: Where to from Kezi, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe?J.A: From Zimbabwe, I’ll go to Clarence for a week. I’ll then spend a day in Istanbul, Turkey before going to Nagoya, Japan.

M.M: I really hope God speaks to you like never before while you are here in Zimbabwe and on your travels. We feel so privileged and blessed getting to know you.



James praising God at Crossroads Community Church
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga

No comments: