Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In Honour of One of My Friends.....Carol Taylor


Carol Taylor (dark blue dress) with her family in New Zealand



I've been thinking about my friends recently and all the folk that passed my way. I thank God for the many real, genuine, God-fearing folk that have been a blessing to me and for all my friends - many of them out there. This is for one of them


“Do you have a friend who loves you for being you and not for anything else,Who stands with you no matter what, who encourages you, supports you, prays for you?
I have such a friend.

Do you have a friend who believes you when you speak because they know you and
Honesty is the basis of the friendship,
A friend who believes in you, who trusts you and looks out for you?
I have such a friend.

Do you have a friend who encourages you to forgive when you’ve been wronged or have done a wrong, a friend who spurs you on in the gifts of the spirit, who says “you can………?”
I have such a friend.

Do you have a friend who can call on you when they’d like to share a burden or a heartache,
And they know that you will LISTEN, possibly encourage and spur them on?
I have such a friend.

Do you have a friend who gives you a “reality check” and tells you things that may not
Be easy to hear. BUT through it all, they are there for you?
I have such a friend.”

One of my closest life-long friends is Carol Taylor. I thank God continually for bringing this Godly lady into my life.

What a blessing to have a true and trustworthy friend!

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: