Friday, March 5, 2010

Maximum Impact by John Maxwell

It’s not about setting goals. It’s about soaring beyond them. It’s not about satisfying expectations. It’s about raising the standard.





“Happiness is growth”

I really LOVE reading John Maxwell’s books or listening to his CD’s. Recently, I listened again to “Growing yourself, Growing others and Growing together”. It’s brilliant. Some gems I received again are:
1. I need to grow on purpose: Initiate and activate. As I grow, I’ll change.
2. Team work makes the dream work
3. Am I goal conscious: focusing on the destination, motivating people, goals are seasonal and when the goal is reached, we plateau. Or, am I growth conscious: focusing on the journey, maturing people, growth is a life- long process which changes people and you keep on growing.
4. All too often “we overestimate the event and underestimate the process.”

Growth Principles
1. Growth is not an automatic process.
2. Growth is the great separator of those who succeed and those who do not; those who grow and those who do not.
3. Growth takes time and only time can teach us some things.
4. The more we grow, the more we know we need to grow some more. It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
5. Growth equals change: you’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily.
6. Growth inside fuels growth outside: “What am I becoming?’
7. If what you did yesterday still looks so big to you, then you’re not growing today.
8. Take responsibility for your own growth.
9. Determine which areas in your life you need to grow: grow in the areas of your strength.

No comments: