Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One on one with Graham Brombley

Graham and Jane Brombley


Graham and Jane Brombley have been attending Kings Community Church for the past 17 years. It was great catching up with them this past weekend in Southampton. This is what Graham said:


M.M: Tell me briefly about your background?
G.B: I was born in Bath and lived there until I was 11. We then moved to Kent and went to the local grammar school until I was 16. We moved to Trowbridge where I did my 6th form and it was then that I met Jane. We knew each other for 2 years. We both went to Southampton University in 1974 – 1977. We got married and moved to Manchester. We have 4 children: Jonathan 28, Matthew 25, Timothy 24 and Katharine who is 20.

M.M: What ministry are you involved you with at the moment?
G.B: I’m a financial director and oversee the financial aspects at KCC, cook for ALPHA, teach in Sparkers (pre-school), practical maintenance work and I’m involved with the International Ministry.

M.M: What do you do to relax?
G.B: I play computer puzzles – it’s mentally challenging

M.M: Who has influenced you recently?
G.B: Martyn Dunsford

M.M: What sort of books do you read?
G.B: John Grisham novels – stories around the law.

M.M: What is your favourite quote?
G.B: “You can please some of the people all of the time. You can please all of the people some of the time. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time.” Bob Dylan quoting Abraham Lincoln.

M.M: Very true. Thanks so much Graham.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: