Monday, July 5, 2010

Getting to know Caron Lurrie

Caron Lurrie


Caron Lurrie is married to Nigel – assistant Pastor at Christian Community Church in West London. Caron has been at Christian Community Church for the past 5 years. It was great catching up with Caron.



M.M: Tell me about your background?
C.L: I was born in Kwekwe, Zimbabwe. We moved to Harare when I was 5 years. I did all my schooling in Harare. I first met Nigel when I was 5 years. We went to Arcadia Baptist church for a while and ended up at Living Waters Fellowship. I got saved at Living Waters which was being led by Pastor Len Marillier. I saw Nigel again when we were youth. We ‘noticed’ each other and that was it. We married 3 years later. We have 2 children: Joubert who is 14 and Joi who is 6.

M.M: When did you move to the U.K?
C.L: we moved in August 1997. We had been praying about going into ministry full time. God provided for all our needs and we stayed here.


M.M: What have the highlights of ministry been so far?
C.L: We’ve been here for 12 years and have been very blessed at Christian Community Church. Pastor Mark Macklin is so supportive and so open. I’ve done the children’s ministry and led worship. I’m hoping our Missional work becomes stronger. I love forming relationships as I love people and I want to be a blessing to the people in church and work.

M.M: Any challenges?
C.L: Not being able to be in full time ministry as I work. I want to be a blessing to people financially but I’m not in a position to do that yet. I’d also like to spend more time with my children and the last challenge is knowing when to move and when to get direction to move.


M.M: Who has influenced you the most recently?
C.L: Reading my Bible, Joyce Meyer and my husband Nigel. I love his honesty and you know where you stand.


M.M: Any words of encouragement?
C.L: Be a blessing. What you do for others has earthly and heavenly value. Read the word and keep your minds transformed.

M.M: Thanks so much Caron. What an amazing time we've had with you, Nigel and family.

By Molly Manhanga
 

No comments: