Monday, July 5, 2010

One on one with Julie Macklin

Julie Macklin


It was great meeting Julie Macklin: Pastor Mark Macklin’s wife – lead Pastor of Christian Community Church - and spending time with her. Julie is such a lovely, friendly lady and this is what she said:


M.M: Tell me about your background?
J.M: I grew up in Staines and did all my schooling there. I did my college in Birmingham. I met Mark through a Youth Group when I was 14. We started dating at 18. It was love at first sight. Mark and I married 5 years later. We have 3 children: Amy 16, Ryan 14 and Cameron who is 10 years.


M.M: How long have you been here at Christian Community Church?
J.M: We’ve been here for 10 years, coming onto 11. Mark was on the ministry team previously for 5 years.


M.M: What are you doing ministry wise?
J.M: I’m on the Missions Team. I do administration in the Church office and being Mark’s wife is a ministry.


M.M: What have been the highlights of life at Christian Community Church?
J.M: The diverse people groups in the church and there is such a love and respect amongst the people. The 10 year celebration was wonderful. We felt so loved and accepted and the 2 special days: The Caribbean and African days. We do food and fellowship well.


M.M: Anything you’d like to share?
J.M: Initially, I felt overwhelmed being in such a multi-cultural church. But I prayed and thanked God for our people and our diversities and within a month, I felt loved and accepted. Now CCCWL is our extended family, our home.


M.M: Excellent! Who has influenced you recently?
J.M: John Oatburg’s book. The theme is becoming the person God made you to become – how to be yourself.


M.M: What do you do to relax?
J.M: I enjoy time with my family, watch a movie, and walk


M.M: What is your current favourite album?
J.M: ‘Arriving’ by Chris Thomlin


M.M: What is your favourite quote?
J.M: “If life gives you lemons you can wear a sour face or make lemonade”. This quote comes from the film ‘Love happens.’


M.M: Thanks Julie. I hope we can meet again.


by Molly Manhanga



No comments: