Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet Freedom Nleya

Freedom Nleya



I first met Freedom when he came to our home with David Cunningham for feedback on how the Marriage Course was going at Crossroads Community Church. Freedom is 24 years old. He is in a relationship with a lovely young lady whom he hopes to marry.

M.M: Tell me about your background?
F.N: I am a Bulawayo baby. I have 5 siblings. I did my primary and secondary schooling at St Bernard’s. Currently I am at Solusi University studying Family and Consumer Science. I am in my second year.

M.M: Which church do you attend and how long have you been going there?
F.N: I attend the Seventh Day Adventist Church and I’ve been there since 2004.

M.M: You are on holiday at the moment. Do you have a holiday job?
F.N: At the moment I am a volunteer with Family Impact, helping with the Monitoring and Evaluation in the Families for Life Department. I started in January but I’m hoping to go back to University in May.

M.M: How many Churches are doing the Marriage Course and in your opinion, how is it going?
F.N: There are 4 churches doing The Marriage Course at the moment: Crossroads Community Church, Brethren in Christ Church, Family Life Centre and Harvest House International. The course is going fine. Seeing as it’s a pilot project at the moment we are receiving many suggestions and alterations on the material. All in all, it’s fine.


M.M: What are your hobbies?
F.N: Chess, Bible Study and church activities. Occasionally I’ll play volleyball or soccer.

M.M: What are your favourite films?
F.N: Christian films especially on prophesy.

M.M: What is your favourite food?
F.N: Macaroni & Cheese. In the rural areas, I like sadza made from millet.

M.M: What is your favourite scripture?
F.N: Philippians 4:19: “My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory.”

M.M: Thanks so much Freedom.



By Molly Manhanga


No comments: