Friday, February 25, 2011

Rest - A God Thing

We know that rest is good for our physical, emotional and mental state, just as we know that eating correctly, regular exercise, getting enough sleep and so on are also good for us – but, implementing these things can be quite challenging. In Genesis we read about how God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. If God did this, how much more do we need to take timeout and rest?

I’m on a 3 month sabbatical at the moment and have really enjoyed the rest. I spend time reading, exercising, gardening, blogging (I find blogging very relaxing),sleeping, cleaning our home, listening to music, watching telly, having tea
with friends and so on. It has been wonderful. Within the first 2 weeks, I realised just how much I needed this rest and spent most of my days sleeping. As my energy levels have increased, so has my general outlook on life.



I really enjoy the beauty of nature. A colourful garden with a variety of blossoming flowers and well manicured lawn appeals to me. It’s just so relaxing. My garden at home needs much attention as most week days Stephen and I would be in Kezi and over weekends, we’d be in town. Gardening certainly hasn’t been my top priority. However, I have put some effort into it at home these last 2 months and have purchased a variety of flowers. How I wish they’d grow instantly and beautify my home but patience is a good thing.



Rest, rest and more rest is doing me a world of good.....and my yard.....



By Molly Manhanga

No comments: