Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family Matters pt 3

I sure did have a wonderful time at my niece's 21st birthday party in Northampton. The hall looked amazing and seeing family from masvingo who have relocated to different parts of the U.K was a highlight. We were about 150 of us talking, eating, laughing and dancing the night away. The finger supper was the best plan ever! The day started bright and early as my sister decided to self cater the event. We were busy preparing eats that included chicken pieces, prawn cocktails, prawns in filo pastry, samoosa's, spring rolls, sandwiches, meatballs, volauvent cases with beef and smoked salmon, cheese and onion puffs etc, etc. It was really nice. many hands made light work. Decorating the hall was a blast and the D.J did an awsome job with his set ups and selection of music. He had a varied flavour which catered for all the different age groups. It was interesting seeing how the young ladies were dressed. I had assumed that the cool English weather may affect their dress code but I was wrong. The mini skirts or dresses - off the shoulders, with high heels was the choice of dress......Lots of make - up and accessories. It's just an age thing I guess but I must say that the fashion trends can range from mind-blowing to questionable. Dancing the night away was wonderful. The different styles of dance was hilarious. The D.J kept many of us on the dance floor. My niece looked radiant and I was so glad to have met her many friends. It will certainly be an occasion to remember.

by molly manhanga

No comments: