Monday, April 18, 2011

Deal with offences

A lot of the time, we are offended at people because somehow, we think they are responsible for our troubles or situation. Adam blamed his disobedience on God and on Eve, in one statement: “The woman whom You gave to be with me gave me of the tree and I ate.” (Genesis 3:12) Even Jesus was blamed for the death of Lazarus! Mary said to Him, when He eventually showed up, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.” And some who were around said, “Could not this man, who opened the eyes of the blind also have kept this man from dying?” (John 11:32, 37) Many today are blaming their lack of success in life on their parents not giving them proper education, so they are offended in them. Yet many blame their government, their spiritual leaders, their employers, etc, for their predicament, and they are full of offences. It’s time to take full responsibility for your life and your actions, that is called maturity! Acts 24:16 “This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense towards God and men.”

No comments: