Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet Elizabeth Holden

Elizabeth Holden
M.M: How was your time in Zimbabwe?

L.H: I absolutely love the country. I always feel my heart is here. I’m never worried about the politics but its great connecting with friends – friends that are dear to both of us. I feel so at home and completely connected to the church. It’s inspiring to see the churches working with the poor.



M.M: What is your favourite quote?

L.H: John 15:16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”




M.M: What is your favourite food?

L.H: Italian food – fresh tomatoes, basil, fresh cheese, pasta and things like that.



M.M: Nice! What is the last thing you do before you sleep?

L.H: I read before I sleep.



M.M: What are your favourite books?

L.H: Phil Moore’s book on Matthew called “Straight to the heart”. It’s like a daily reading. I enjoyed the Sermon on the Mount. I also like “The Cross of Christ” by John Stott.



M.M: Have you done anything with women lately?

L.H: I had a women’s retreat in Norwich where about 400 came. It was all about making a difference and it went really well. I spoke about getting women out of their comfort zones, being pro-active in sharing Christ and being active in the church.



M.M: Sounds awesome. From your travels across the globe, what would you say are the issues facing women in general?

L.H: Women carry alot of responsibility and can feel disconnected/isolated. Single women also carry alot and they need encouragement. Sometimes it can feel like a man’s world and we need to support each other as women. Don’t neglect each other as women live busy lives and it’s easy to get isolated.



M.M: That’s really interesting! What do you do for fun?

L.H: I absolutely love spending time with my children. They are good for me. They tease me alot. I have 5 grandchildren. I also ride my bike. That’s fun!



M.M: Thanks so much Liz. It’s been great catching up with you. Have a wonderful time in South Africa and beyond.



By Molly Manhanga

No comments: