Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gardening Delights

Garden in my back yard

Since January this year, I’ve taken up gardening as a new hobby. It is really relaxing and I can attempt to get creative in my garden. I simply love planting flowers from seed or bulb stage and watching them grow. I’ve actually gone a little gardening crazy!

So far, I’ve planted Gladioli mixed, African Daisy mixed colours, Calendula, Sweet Pea, Anemone De Caen, Crocosmia Emily McKenzie, Crocosmia Masonorum, Gladiolus Callianthus and gladioli dwarf mixed – amongst others. They are doing pretty well considering that we are in our winter season here in Zimbabwe. I’ll be transplanting some seedlings in the next week or so.

I’m hoping for a bright, colourful garden in the summer. I still have quite a way to go as my garden is quite large. I’ve been told that I’ll make “mistakes” with plant varieties but that’s fine – I’ll learn as I go along and I’ll ask those who know better. Flowers, here I come....

Let’s see what happens in the next 3 months.......






By Molly Manhanga

No comments: