Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meet Esther Luisa Del Corro

Esther Luisa Del Corro better known as Cha Cha

It was just excellent meeting Cha Cha and Becky from Australia and hosting them for an evening. What a privilege getting to know what God is doing in different continents. This is what Cha Cha said.......

M.M: Tell me briefly about your background?
E.C: I originally come from the Philippines and came to Sydney, Australia in February 1999. As a team of 6 people, we were on our way to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea to minister for 3 months. We were in Sydney for a month ministering to several churches and getting ready to go to Port Moresby when we received a call telling us not to go because of civil unrest and the people there could not guarantee our safety. I released the team to do what they felt God was telling each one of us to do. I stayed in Sydney to just live out my one year visa but God had other plans for me and I’ve been living in Australia ever since.

M.M: How long have you known Brian Oldreive?
E.C: I met Brian recently in Sydney when he was there sometime in April 2011.

M.M: Nice! What have been the highlights of your stay in Zimbabwe?
E.C: Meeting people doing ministry in Zimbabwe.....in Harare, at Antelope Park and you and Stephen here in Bulawayo.

M.M: What work are you involved with in Australia?
E.C: I’m in full time ministry and do pastoral work with Radiance of Jesus Christ in Sydney, with Faith Christian Community Church in Melbourne, I work with 47 pastors in Payatas, Philippines, I co-ordinate a missions trip one a year to the Philippines for Impact nations based in Vancouver, Canada.

M.M: Did you eat any strange foods while in Zimbabwe?
E.C: I haven’t encountered strange food!

M.M: What is your favourite quote?
E.C: “Generosity will break the back of poverty.”


M.M: Thanks so much Cha Cha. Wonderful meeting you!




By Molly Manhanga


No comments: