Friday, August 12, 2011

How to maintain your joy pt 3

Recap: “If the enemy cannot steal my joy, he cannot keep my goods!” When Jesus was tempted by the enemy, he said “it is written....” lets go back to foundations – the word of God – it is real. John 15:14, 11 Corinthians 4:16 – 18. Be sure of the word of God.
1. Know I have joy
2. Need a revelation
3. Focus
4. Don’t compare yourself with others
5. Thought patterns
6. Thanksgiving and praise
7. Trust God: he will love me to the end. Psalm 47:4

8. Be hopeful: Hopeful is favourable and confident expectation. Hope describes the happy anticipation of good. Titus 1:2, Colossians 1:27, 1 Timothy 1:1. Jesus Christ is the subject on which our hope is fixed. When you have hope, you’ll have joy. Hopelessness steals your joy. May the God of hope fill me with joy. Jeremiah 29:11 – The plans God has for us are plans of good not harm, plans to give us a hope and a future. Hebrews 6:19. Hope is an anchor for my soul. It stabilises my soul – my feelings, my mind. Psalm 42:5, Psalm 119:89, Psalm 130:3 & 5, Psalm 133:3, Psalm 146:5. Hope in the mercy of God. May the God of hope fill your heart with joy.

9. Serve others: J – Jesus first, O – Others next and Y – yourself last = JOY. The key to fulfilment of my dreams is to help others fulfil their dreams. Let’s not be caught up in the “me” generation. Reach out to others.

10. Make a decision to be joyful/rejoice: Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Make the most of what we have. Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going. Habbakuk 3:17 – 19 “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet will I rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.”


I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”.

Know that we are winners!!! Let me maintain my joy as it is my strength.

No comments: