Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thought for the day

Having just spent 2 days with COSMOS - a team of christian doctors and nurses from Australia who were holding a medical outreach at Crossroads, and seeing the many sick people - some seriously ill, from in and around Mablauwuni community come to the outreach with the hope of getting better, receiving good news about their health, being reassured, comforted, strengthened and receive medication etc, I thought of 2 Corinthians 4:16 & 18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.......while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
I too haven't been feeling great for the past 3 weeks or so (I caught the cold and cough thats been going around after visiting someone who was sick) and I was attended to by one of the doctors. It was easy giving my medical history because I'm generally a pretty healthy person. The doctor was able to give me the medication I needed and pray for me. I felt great being attended to by a professional, being reassured and given words of encouragement.
The prayer however, made me realise again that life and hope is found in Jesus Christ and that things which are not seen are eternal.

Psalm 103:3 It's the Lord "..........., who heals all your diseases,..."

Ecclesiates 3:1 - 2a "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die....."


By Molly Manhanga


No comments: