Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gardening News

Calandula



It's becoming quite interesting walking through my little garden and seeing the plant variety. I'm now fascinated at how the blossoming flowers are attracting birds and butterflies. I've had a few comments from kind visitors saying that my garden is starting to take shape. I have put some effort and tried to be a little creative but I still have a long way to go.......


Rake 'n Shake yellow



As I'm working in my garden, I realised that I have a few soil types and clay being the most difficult to grow plants because it compacts easily and has slow/poor drainage. I attempted to plant some flowers and watched them wither as their roots weren't strong enough to make their way through the soil. I've started adding organic matter to the soil and hope things improve.

Last week, I put humas on my flowers and part of the lawn. The growth is amazing but so is the growth of the weeds. I guess I better get on top of that. I'm now looking at ground cover and different types of shrubs. Trial and error. I'll see what happens.......


Rockery







By Molly Manhanga






No comments: