Friday, October 28, 2011

Sowing seeds in people's lives

On one of my visits to my neighbours this week, we were chatting about our school years and the impact our teachers had in our lives. Words spoken to us and over our lives and in a sense, how that has affected our outlook as adults.

I absolutely LOVED my school years. I have such happy memories of teachers, friends, school events and so on. I gave it my all and got back so much in return. I too became a school teacher and I purposed in my heart to have a positive, life-changing impact and influence on students lives and any children that I was responsible for.

I was so encouraged and blessed this week when I received a message from a young gentleman who used to be a student at the very first school I taught - 20 or so years ago. He lives in South Africa and has a family of his own. This is what he said:
"Mrs Manhanga. It has been a long time!.......You know just recently I was thinking about my experiences prior to coming to Christ. I remember the day you invited me to Victory (a church I used to attend in Mutare, Zimbabwe). I remember you......in the service....... Actually I remember you in the context that one sometimes sow a seed of the word in a person's heart. You were one of those people who sowed that seed I believe. I have now been a christian for some time but I remember that experience. I think the pastor preaching on that day was Dave Wyns on 'What is the time?' SO, be encouraged." Encouraged I was as I remember this gentleman and recall speaking to him about God.

Many of us have had these kinds of emails, messages or verbal affirmation on the positive impact we've had on others and it's amazing how we don't seem to forget the event or people involved. I continually thank God for the many people - family, friends, teachers, preachers, mentors etc who have impacted my life so positively over the years. I pray that you too will be a positive influence in other people's lives and they will be able to share with you of how you have impacted them.

Go on - sow those seeds and get the fire burning for Christ.....

No comments: