Friday, July 20, 2012

Thought for the day

Ever been frustrated? Ever aired out your frustration or in another sense - "off-load"? I have......... in order to make sense of things, gain perspective, make sure my heart is right, get it off my chest etc, etc. It left me on the one hand feeling relieved and yet on the other, very aware of what I had said. It made me realise how important communication is and to not make assumptions. It also made me realise again that when we communicate - whether we are frustrated, angry, happy etc our words have an impact on the people we are speaking to or about (Life or death). We leave an impression......either being constructive/building up or being destructive.

Though imperfect, may God help us to love and accept each other....being slow to speak and quick to listen.

Food for Thought
2 Timothy 1:7 "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."

Some versions say "Self-control" others say a sound mind.



No comments: