Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meet Victoria Pittari - 3D

Victoria Pittari
Victoria was born in Australia in a city called Griffith and has lived there her whole life. Pittari is Italian and Victoria, together with her grandparents, aunts, uncles etc - her BIG Italian family - all live in Griffith, which is multicultural, very agricultural and has lots of wineries etc.

M.M: Tell me about your background?
V.P: I was raised a Roman Catholic. When I was 12 years old, I started attending a Baptist Youth Group. At 14, I got saved and became a Christian. I have 2 older sisters and both my parents are alive. My sisters are 24 and 21 and both are married with children. I am 19 years old.

M.M: Which church do you attend?
V.P: I attend a Baptist Church and it's led by Kevin Webb who is South African.

M.M: Nice! From the Nations to the Nations. How have you found your stay at Ebenezer so far?
V.P: Generally, I have found it hard. The cultural and language barriers are so hard and I'm feeling abit intolerant. I feel scared of people and I've realised that the girls here are also scared of us and are unresponsive. I really want to connect but I don't know how.

M.M: Thank you for your honesty. We'll get people to help you. Anything else you'd like to add?
V.P: I really like the spiritual input at Ebenezer. People seem so committed to prayer and reading the word. It is awsome.

M.M: How did you find the wedding at Crossroads on Sunday?
V.P: The wedding was very different to what I've seen. People here really celebrate and are so happy when two people get together in marriage. The women are so open and express themselves so freely in dance. I enjoyed seeing that people preach at weddings and say what weddings are and what the two people are getting into. That was good.

M.M: What's your favourite quote?
V.P: "The gospel if free but it is not cheap."

M.M: What is your favourite meal?
V.P: Butter chicken. It's an Indian dish, with naan bread. It's the best stuff ever.

M.M: What are you hoping to gain/achieve personally in the 6 weeks you are at Ebenezer?
V.P: I'm hoping to establish some deep relationships and overcome the cultural barrier - at least with one person.

M.M: Thank you so much Victoria. It's been great chatting to you. I'll help you when available and get some young ladies to walk beside you to make your stay and experience at Ebenezer fruitful, help you overcome the cultural barriers and to establish some deep, lifelong friendships.


By Molly Manhanga


No comments: