|Joseph's technicolour dream coat|
- God began to deal with Joseph when he was 17 years old.
- The key to understanding Joseph is provided by Stephen in Acts 7:9: "....God was with him."
- God gave Joseph dreams. God has given to you something that nobody else can do because God made you different. (There may be gifts that you admire in someone else but you need to be the best YOU that you can be. Don't try to be someone else.)
- It is possible to abuse the gifts God has given us.
- Flaunting a gift springs from a desire to be admired. But the result is always the opposite: it makes people positively dislike us.
- What Joseph needed was preparation and polishing. He was God's diamond in the rough. He needed alot of polishing before his time would come.
- That is the way God sees each of us - diamonds that no one around us recognises. It is what God sees that matters. He sees us with that robe of righteousness.