Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A God of Miracles 2



Pastor Brian with Helga and Stephen

When you hear the words cancer survivor, what comes to your mind? I think of the goodness of God, His amazing grace, His sovereignty, His mercy, His power, His Healing  etc, etc. Meeting Helga Pullen, a cancer survivor, was extraordinary. She is a woman of faith.



M.M: Your testimony is incredible. Please can you share your experience with us.

H.P: I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer in April 2015. I was fearful because my mother had died of breast cancer. I didn’t want to deal with the emotions. When I went to the Doctor, I was sent for a second opinion. I went for a biopsy which proved to be cancerous. I was in denial. I didn’t hear what the Doctor said – “we’ve caught it in time” because I was in shock. My employer was very supportive and I had great support from my husband and family. I had a mastectomy and after a week I went back to work. I started 4 cycles of chemotherapy as a precaution. The result showed that there was no more cancer . 9 lymph nodes were also removed. The Doctor told me that the survival rate was 80%+.



M.M: What kept you going through this process?

H.P:  I stood on Gods word throughout this process and trusted God. My Pastors encouraged me to believe and trust God completely. I trusted that God had healed me as I didn’t want to live in fear. God did it for me. He accomplished everything at the cross.



M.M: What happened to you this year?

H.P: In April 2016, I had fluid in one lung and the Doctor told me that it was probably cancerous. I went to the oncologist after feeling very ill. All the tests that were done proved that I did not have cancer. I was sent to a physician and was told that my heart was pumping at 25%. I went for a heart echo and I was on oxygen and medication. I recovered within a week. These are the miracles of God in my life.



M.M: Incredible. What would you like to share with people after this experience?

H.P: Stand firm on the word of God. He is just so faithful. God will come through for you. Believe and don’t take His word for granted.



M.M: Thank you Helga. When you have an encounter with the Living God, you cannot stay the same. Whether we get healed or not, He is still God. He is still on the throne. He is still in control and we are the apple of His eye. Praise God.


Summarised by Molly Manhanga   


Pastor Brian and Helga

No comments: