I have also been quite interested in seeing how different people responded to various situations that presented themselves in the Bible. Some reactions are:
- King Ahab: When Naboth refused to sell his vineyard to King Ahab, the King went home, lay on his bed, sulked, refused to eat and turned his face away. Interesting response for a king!
- Naboth: His response to the offer on his vineyard was "The Lord forbid....."
- Jezebel: After King Ahad poured his heart out to his wife Jezebel, she said: "I will get you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite." She the proceeded with her schemes.
- Joseph: His response to Potiphar's wife's temptations was; "How can I commit so great a sin against God?"
- Potiphar's wife told her husband of what Joseph 'supposedly' tried to do and he was outraged. He sent Joseph to prison.
- Job's wife: When Job was being tested she said to him;"Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die."
- Other people from the Bible who we can learn from is Mary, Joseph, David with Goliath, King David with Bathsheba, Tamar, Nehemiah, Sanballat and Tobiah and so on.
Our reactions to different stimuli are important and we need God's help to strengthen us.
By Molly Manhanga