Thursday, May 7, 2009

Planting New Testament Churches pt 2

Church Planting….
I was reading the New Frontiers website on UK Church Planting and was intrigued by what I read. Some of it is as follows:

Before God uses a leader there is a period of preparation – on growth so that God can make us the people that He can use. He does this as we grow in relationship with him, learn to handle difficult times and situations in our lives and grow in character
I look at the preparation in my life and sum it up as HARD and yet God is so faithful. I think of His word which says He will be with us always and He is. I have shed many tears and felt great pain but God has brought me to a place a peace that surpasses all understanding. I marvel at what He has done in my life.
Why are we committed to church planting?a) It’s close to God’s heart
b) Church plants will enable God’s people to play a greater role in changing a nation through evangelism, caring for the poor, social injustice and critical transformation.
c) God has always wanted a people – to pour his blessings into. Genesis 12:1 – 3
d) It’s an effective way to reach the lost Matthew 28:18 – 20
e) It’s the fastest way to fulfil the great commission
f) If the church is the hope of the world (which it is) then the best way of transforming local communities is by starting lots of churches.
g) It is the best way of pioneering into new areas with the gospel.
h) It produces growing Christians.

Exciting stuff. Praise God!
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: