Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Seven Churches

Stephen Manhanga

We started the year at Crossroads Community Church by doing a series on the 7 Churches from Revelation 2 and 3. Stephen Manhanga – leader of Crossroads Church felt God saying that if He had to walk through Crossroads today, what would He find and say? What areas would be commended and where would we need to change and improve? The seven churches were:


1. Ephesus: The Loveless Church: Revelation 2:2 “I know your works, your labour, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars;……” V4 “Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.”
2. Smyrna: The Persecuted Church: V 9 “I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich)…..” V10 “…..Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.”
3. Pergamos: The Compromising Church: V13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is…….” V14 “But I have a few things against you because you have those who hold the doctrine of Balaam………” V16 “Repent, or else I will come to you quickly……”
4. Thyatira: The Corrupt Church: V19 “I know your works, love, service, faith…….” V20 “ Nevertheless, I have a few things against you because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants……”
5. Sardis: The Dead Church: Revelation 3:1 “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead……..” V2 “be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before the God.”
6. Philadelphia: The Faithful Church: V8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it, for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.”
7. Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church: V15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or not…….” V19 “As many as I love. I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.”

The series was excellent as we not only examined ourselves individually but corporately as a Church.

We are looking forward to the Five Family Values next at Crossroads.



By Molly Manhanga

No comments: