Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"A God Moment" on the Purbecks

Gary Fry
"We explored Dorset. Jurassic safari - Sit back and relax as we take you off the beaten track for a taste of Dorset's secret beauty in the style and safety of the world's leading 4 X 4." Excellent caption and 'beautiful' for sure.

It's interesting coming from a rugged, rural, African setting in Kezi, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, to England and being taken on a safari drive........Seeing the name Jurassic safari made me think of the movies Jurassic Park. There may have been no dinasaurs on the Purbecks but the scenery, fresh air and company was wonderful.

Gary Fry took a few of us on a safari drive of the Purbecks. We saw sika deer, exmore ponies, corfe castle, had tea on Rollington hill, stopped at a spot overlooking Poole Harbour, Studland Bay and Swyre Head where we had a picnic lunch. On 'tours' like this, two things fascinate me, the history of the place and the scenery. Gary's knowledge of the history of the Purbecks was impressive but it was the scenery that caused me to have a 'God Moment' with our Creator. Standing at Swyre Head and looking over Kimmeridge Bay made me - for a few moments - forget about those around me. It felt as if time stood still and everything around stopped as I experienced and 'breathed in' the love of the Father......so peaceful, secure, safe. A real God moment for me. I can't help but draw close to God when I look at the beauty of His creation - the water, hills, flowers, clouds and so on.

The Purbecks was GREAT and I'd recommend a Jurassic Safari anyday.


By Molly Manhanga

No comments: