Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Family Matters pt 2

Some time back, I’d written about how I linked up with my cousin via Facebook and the joy of meeting him at Gatwick Airport after about 20 – 21 years. We’ve kept in regular contact since then.

Stephen and I normally come to the U.K in July to visit family, friends and for the annual Together On A Mission (TOAM) conference. I have come 4 months early this year. I’m attending a family function – my niece’s 21st birthday party. The joy of it all will be seeing family whom I haven’t seen in years and meeting family for the first time. The “catch-up” time should be very interesting.

I really enjoy spending time with my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew. I haven’t seen my nieces yet but the phone calls have been constant. My nephew is a great young man. He has continued with his daily activities but has been in regular contact with his sisters. Tuesday evenings are pancake evenings in my sister’s home and I was impressed when my nephew offered to make them. However, the pancakes didn’t last too long as they came out of the pan because my nephew ate them. That was pretty funny.

My nieces will be coming over on Thursday and the buzz will begin. From cooking, to dressing up for the party, to decorating the hall, welcoming the early arrivals and so on. “Dressing up” or the way one looks, seems to be quite a thing. I’ve wondered many times if it was an ‘age’ thing but then again..........The cool weather may be a limiting factor to one’s dress code.

I’ve been relaxing a lot so far, but I’m also psyching myself up for all the hype. I intend to have fun and laughter and a great time with family.

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: