Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Whistlestop tour on U.K visit

I love visiting the U.K. It gives me a chance to see my family and friends. Although I was here in March 2011, the purpose of my visit was different to this trip and so were my adventures. This time round, I travelled with Steve.

Our first stop is by my sister and her family. It's a good place to start for the homely feel and to catch up on family issues. Well, there were interesting family dynamics and discussions that were taking place. We then stopped over at our friends in Southampton and had a lovely time. We caught up with some Zimbabweans that attend the church at Hedge End and had great fellowship. Weymouth was our next destination. I love visiting Weymouth because of the great friends we have and seeing Mick and Theresa Richardson. As usual, it was awsome and the service at Weymouth Family Church was brilliant. I enjoyed spending Sunday afternoon at Little Bredy and of course the time spent with Steve and Catherine Hunter. Seems like friends in the U.K love walking and I find that pretty difficult without trainers. (Need to pack them on my next U.K visit)

Brighton was memorable......great friends, great sessions, great interviews, great accommodation and great conversations. The seminars I attended on "Home Truths" was just what I need to hear - the importance of home and how leaving home affects women. The personal testimonies were heartfelt and so identifiable. Amazingly, it's God who brings us through the most difficult circumstances.
I thought the session by P.J Smyth and Dave Holden was insightful and Terry Virgo was the father that only he can be. Joel Virgo was brilliant. I enjoy his humour in and amongst the seriousness of God's word. Needless to say, Scott Marques did us proud with his vision sharing and heart.

I so enjoyed interviewing Edward and Fredah Buria from Kenya. They have done incredibly well and God continues to use them mightily in extending his kingdom. I also enjoyed spending time with Katie Virgo. She is lovely. The area is accountability was highlighted yet again.

After Brighton, Steve and I went to Poole - what a beautiful place! We were last there 2 years ago. Highlights were seeing our friends Mark and Lesley Absolom, going to Winspit, attending Gateway Church and spending time with the Hosiers. Wonderful seeing John and Sue, David and Emma, Matt and Grace and their children. I thought the little "show" or performance by the children was sweet and ........amusing - singers & actresses in the making.

Back in Northampton now and spending a few days with my family before we eventually head home on Sunday. The days are relaxing and Steve and I are gearing ourselves for the next phase of our lives......





By Molly Manhanga



2 comments:

vidzee said...

Hello! You have an interesting website. It is nice to visit here.

2loislane said...

Thank you so much.