Friday, June 29, 2012

Spiritual Well-Being with Angus Buchan pt 5

Make sure of your calling

I cannot stress enough how important it is to be sure that you're in the work situation God wants you to be in. If we're going to be effective in our work - for our family, other people who might be counting on us and, most of all for God - we need to be called by God.
As you read this you might think "But I have no option!" Well, I was in the same situation when I left school. My options were limited, but I had a vision and my dream was to be a farmer. That vision has since multiplied and now I'm farming people for the Lord.

I'm more fulfilled than I've ever been in my life. I'm totally satisfied by what I do. I can't wait to get to work in the morning, can't wait to go the extra mile. I feel at peace with what I've been called to do by the Lord. My father, a blacksmith, used to say to my brother and I when I was young that if you get up in the morning and you don't feel like going to work, change your job. Farmers who love what they're doing don't work according to the clock; they work according to the sun. There is a profound difference between being a hireling and being a son. A son works for his inheritance. A hireling works for a wage.

You don't have to own the business or the farm. You can work and take care of it in such a manner that your employer will be so pleased with you he'll trust you more and more to run his business for him, and will recompense you accordingly..............................................................................................

The point I'm making is that if you're called to a specific type of employment you'll do it successfully and it will work for you. If you're merely doing it to put bread on the table, you need to start looking at the future and change your outlook on life.
Remember - if you're satisfied and content in your employment you'll find that you're physically, mentally and spiritually healthy.
The word of God says in 1 Timothy 6:6 "Godliness with contentment is great gain."

If you're happy with what you're doing in life, you'll find that you won't need to visit the doctor too often, either.

No comments: