Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Up close and personal with Heather Coral Luft

Heather Luft
It was lovely chatting to Heather yesterday. Heather is married to David Luft and they have been married for 12 years. They have 3 children (2 boys and a little girl). Nathan is 7 years - nearly 8, Daniel is 5 years - nearly 6 and Emily is 11 months. (Emily did extremely well in coping with the blazing heat in Kezi). Heather and Dave fellowship at Salisbury City Church which is led by Simon Redmill and it is part of Newfrontiers Family of Churches.This church was planted about eight and a half years ago.  


M.M: Tell me a little about your background?
H.L: I was raised in a christian home. My parents are David and June Dean. I have a brother Gary who is older than me. We became christians very young. My mum and dad were a good influence. We moved to the Eastbourne Church when I was 14. I went to the University of Winchester and was part of the church led by Greg Haslem and thats where I met Dave.


M.M: How long did you and Dave know each other before you married?
H.L: Dave and I were really good friends for about 10 months before dating.We were part of the 20's group in Winchester.  We dated for a good year and a half before marrying on August 12th 2000. Dave is was 23 and I was 24.


M.M: Nice! Who has influenced you the most over the last 6 months?
H.L: My husband as he knows me best. When something is bothering me he asks probing questions to get to the root.


M.M: Any books that you are currently reading?
H.L: Francine Rivers "Lineage of Grace" and Rob Rufus "Living in the grace of God". It a grace theme.


M.M: What is your impression of Zimbabwe?
H.L: I LOVE the people. I'm overwhelmed with how friendly, loving, kind and generous the people are. It's beautiful especially Matopos and the rocks.


M.M: What are your impressions of rural Zim?
H.L: The people in the rural areas seem to be harder working people with the little they have. They are friendly and waved at us. The cleanliness is good. The people have pride in being clean and tidy and they are a people who have dignity.


M.M: So true! What's your favourite meal?
H.L: Roast beef dinner


M.M: What's your favourite drink?
H.L: I have a cup of coffee in the morning and an ocassional glass of wine in the evening. I drink tea and hot water.


M.M: What's your favourite Bible verse?
H.L: Philippians 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."


M.M: Anything else you'd like to add?
H.L: It's been a privilege to come out to Zimbabwe and bring my 3 children. I have felt safe here and I hope my children have a heart for the poor.

M.M: Fantastic and thank you Heather. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Zimbabwe.


By Molly Manhanga

No comments: