Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Testimony of Pretty Ndlovu

Mbusiso and Pretty Ndlovu
Have you ever wondered if the Sunday services are impacting people and if they are experiencing Gods grace? (To clarify - we are in a context where there are many strongholds which affect people's belief systems & outlook on life etc, etc) After a service it's great when people give positive feedback but the fruits are evident with time: (through reading God's word, prayer, discipleship, fellowshipping with other believers etc, etc).
I get so encouraged and praise God when I look at Pretty Ndlovu nee Moyo and see how God has changed her life and how she places him at the centre of everything she does. 

The before story
I first met Pretty in 2008 when she joined Ebenezer as an apprentice. She was a hard working lady and just didn't give up despite animals eating her crops and half her field being in a waterlogged area. Stephen was going through Firm Foundations during the Spiritual lessons at Ebenezer and it was here that Pretty started asking alot of questions. What she was experiencing at one of the African Traditional Religious churches that she was attending was different to what Stephen was sharing from the Bible. During discussion time, she often dominated the discussion sessions with questions to which Steve recommended that she either remain behind after class or speak to him before supper. Pretty did just that. Steve also encouraged her to speak to her church leader and ask him the same questions. She just wasn't satisfied with her church leaders answers. I spoke to her about "all her questions" and what was "going on with her" to which she responded that 'things were not adding up.' After one of the Firm Foundations lessons, Pretty gave her life to the Lord but hers has not been an easy walk. By this time Crossroads had started and Pretty would attend some Sundays but also attend her former church on other Sundays. She then decided to commit to coming to Crossroads and hasn't looked back.

The After story - In Pretty's own words....
"Crossroads has changed my life greatly. I was in a church where the beliefs were focused on the prophets and we were dependent on someone else praying for us. We didn't know how to pray for ourselves. At Crossroads, I have learnt so much about God. I have grown and can pray for myself and my family. I am so encouraged. My children have changed too. They are always singing church songs and are always talking about church. In everything I do, I am seeing how blessed I am because of God. I got married in the church and I'm now a role model for many young people who want to get married. They come to my husband and I to ask for advice on how we went about doing things. I am enjoying my life. God is good."

Pretty works in 'Stores' at Ebenezer, has attended the Marriage Course 3 times and disciples young couples. Glory be to God!


By Molly Manhanga


No comments: