Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Book Review - Leadership & Self-deception


Leadership and Self-Deception

I LOVE reading stories, especially stories that transform my life – make me look at myself, my thought patterns, my behavior and how I affect others.

Leadership and Self-Deception is one such book. The story is instructive: When we betray ourselves we “get into a box” and this style of leadership is focused on self: I need to justify myself to be right, my view on reality becomes distorted, I begin to provoke others, I see myself as hardworking and important while others are not, I blame others constantly for my inadequacies. The result is people problems: It is a destructive and damaging style of leadership.
But, when I’m “out of the box”, I can inspire people. I see them as people and not objects. “Imago deo” – the image of God. Knowing about it is not enough. Living it is releasing and freeing.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I’d recommend it anytime to up and coming leaders, organization, families and so on.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: