Sunday, November 15, 2009

A few minutes with Adrian Willard

Adrian Willard
It was GREAT chatting to Adrian Willard – the man behind the “minute questions”. He came down to Kezi, Bulawayo to meet with Stephen Manhanga and he popped in on the Faithful Steward training with farmers from Umguza and Kezi. This is what he had to say in a few minutes….What do you do to relax?Walk on the beach. I love the beach and the sea for creative and spiritual times.
What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?Haggis – Sheeps stomach stuffed with offals. It’s a Scottish food and I ate it by accident. Really tasty!
What do you feel most passionate about?“Seeing other people’s potential realized”. That drives me: whether it with the poor, my staff etc. For example, Foundations for Farming is a fulfillment of what God showed me 15 years ago. African people are hard-working. With business and enterprise, we can help them make a profit and break the yoke of poverty.
Who has shaped your life?Quite a few people: My wife Madeline, Keith Wallace – he taught me about communication & marketing, Terry Virgo and Nigel Ring. I’ve worked with them for over 25 years. Anita Roddick; she is the Founder of “The Body Shop”, Piet Dreyer, Reverent Ian Barckley – He introduced me to the Holy Spirit. It was through him that I got filled with the spirit and Mrs Buthelezi in Petermaritsburg, South Africa.


Adrian chatting to Steve Manhanga, Mbonisi Malaba & Alan Norton

What sorts of book do you read?Mostly autobiographies of inspiring people. I feel the same about films; it’s about people’s lives.



By Molly Manhanga

2 comments:

georgearey said...

Great to see Adrian on here... As someone whose potential he has helped to realize, it's wonderful to read a little of his big heart for serving God. If you meet him, listen to what he has to say!

2loislane said...

I sure will! Adrian is an amazing Godly man. Thank you for your comment.