Monday, April 2, 2012

Meet Helen Wells

Helen Wells


It was good seeing Jake Wells and his bride of 8 months Helen at Ebenezer Training Centre out in Kezi recently. Jake is the son of good friends of ours Mark and Heather Wells who have moved from Oakham, U.K to Zimbabwe. Jake and Helen came out to spend 2 weeks with their parents. I managed to chat to Helen and this is what she said.........

M.M: Where do you live in the U.K?
H.W: Oakham


M.M: How long have you and Jake been married?
H.W: 8 months now


M.M: What work do you do back home?
H.W: I'm into teaching Health and Social Care


M.M: Which church do you fellowship?
H.W: Stanford Life Church led by Adam Bradley


M.M: Who has influenced you the most?
M.M: My grandfather. He set an example of what a good christian man should be and how to look after family.


M.M: Amazing. Any books you've read recently that are of interest?
H.W: I've been reading books on Marriage and seeing how important communication and friendship are in a marriage.


M.M: If you had to travel anywhere in the world, where would your dream destination be?
H.W: Maldives


M.M: I don't know much about the Maldives but I'm sure it's beautiful! What's your favourite quote?
H.W: Choose your battles carefully


M.M: I agree! If this is your first time in Zimbabwe, what are your impressions?
H.W: I am pleasantly surprised. Harare is busy and hectic while Bulawayo is more relaxed and easy going. It's very nice and I can see why Mark and Heather chose Bulawayo.


M.M: As you head home and meet up with all your friends, what would be the first things you tell them about Zimbabwe?
H.W: I'd encourage people to come to Zimbabwe and not to listen to what people say i.e. worries and concerns.


M.M: Great meeting you Helen and chatting to you. Enjoy your time in Zimbabwe and have a safe trip back to the U.K.


By Molly Manhanga
   

No comments: