Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spiritual Well-Being by Angus Buchan (ii)

Share your story

Here are some pointers from the article

  • Everyone has a story.
  • (A story is a journey) and I thank the Lord for every moment of it.
  • I believe it's important for us to remind our younger generation where we came from and how it all started.
  • (A story) brings back memories to me; sometimes tragic memories, but often fond memories.
  • Tell your story. It'll bring about a bonding like you've never experienced before.
  • ....sit around and just talk, tell stories of what happened during the course of the year, the good times and the tough times. Not for any ulterior motive, but purely to bond and to get to know each other better.
  • Of course the greatest story of all is the story of the birth of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, who was born in a manger (feed trough) in a little village called Bethlehem. Joseph his earthly father, was a carpenter and his mother was a country maiden, and for 33 years He lived on this earth.
  • ....Jesus gave us instruction and insight about family life, about children respecting their elders and workers being diligent towards their employers and employers not exploiting their workers.
  • He was also the greatest storyteller of all time: just think of the story of the prodigal son who demanded to have his inheritance and then came back broke to have his father give him a second chance just like our Father has done with many of us.
  • Spend time reading the greatest story of all, especially when the going gets tough.
  • As you know, I refer to my Bible as my 'agricultural manual', and I don't do that lightly.
  • The Bible, the greatest story that has ever been told, is sweeter to me each day I get older. 

No comments: