Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting to know Betsy Slate

Betsy Slate


Betsy is part of a Life Change Team from America that was out visiting Sam and Marlene Poe. It was awesome having the Team at Crossroads Community Church and getting to know them better. Betsy comes from the East Coast, Boston, Massachusetts. She attends Fenway Church led by David W. Hill. Fenway Church is part of Newfrontiers family of churches and Betsy has been attending this church for a year.

M.M: Tell me more about your background?
B.S: I was born in Fremont, California and I grew up there. I then moved to San Diego and attended College before moving to Boston. I’m currently going to graduate school where I’m studying Theology and Social Work.

M.M: What are you hoping to do after graduate school?
B.S: “Wherever God leads, I’ll go!” Seriously, I’m not sure yet. I still have 2 more years of school.

M.M: Is this your first time in Africa and particularly Zimbabwe?
B.S: Yes.

M.M: What are your impressions of Zimbabwe so far?
B.S: Beautiful, gorgeous country. It’s so peaceful with peace-loving people. I’m very impressed by the work and what God is doing here.

M.M: What are your thoughts on Crossroads?
B.S: I’m impressed with Crossroads Community Church. I’m impressed with the Vision, the extend and heart it has for the Nations. I feel a kinship coming from Fenway.

M.M: It’s been GREAT having you out here in Kezi. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Zimbabwe.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: