Monday, May 3, 2010

One on one with Julian Adams


Julian Adams


M.M: tell me briefly about your background?J.A: I was born in Cape Town. I went to various primary schools. I went to Muizenburg High School. I’ve lived with a sense of a Call to nations. I studied and went to Bible School. I went into ministry at the age of 19. I started at Valley Christian Church in Fish Hoek. I eventually joined a Newfrontier Church in 2000 – The Bay Church led by Geoff Kidwell. I became an Elder at the age of 23 and served for 17 years before Terry Virgo invited me to live with him in England. I’m now working with an Apostolic Team working into the North of the U.K.
M.M: How did you get into the Prophetic?J.A: At the age of 9, I received a word about being prophetic. I began to discover and feel things that were going to happen. My parents Chris and Bubbles helped shape me in the initial stages of growing in the prophetic. At the age of 15, God was using me regularly in the prophesy and preach. It’s been a journey ever since.
M.M: What challenges have you faced in your ministry?J.A: The expectation people put on the prophetic as a mediating tool rather than a sign of God’s grace. People put pressure on me.
M.M: What have been some of the highlights of your ministry?J.A: Prophesying over children and seeing God impact them and seeing Churches benefit from helpful prophetic words that have helped to shape the church.
M.M: I really enjoyed your session at the Prophetic Summit in Kezi, Bulawayo. How would you best summarise your time in Zimbabwe: Prophetic Summit and Momentum 2010 both held in Kezi, Bulawayo?J.A: I am excited. People with very clear prophetic gifts were gathered at the summit. They were quality people. For me personally, I felt it was the most fruitful time with a group of people in terms of transferring lessons.

M.M: Thank you so much Julian. It’s been GREAT and inspiring chatting to you.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: