Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Review: Approval Addiction by Joyce Meyer

My close friend Carol Taylor lent me 12 books with the words “This should keep you going for a while.” They definitely will keep me going as I have 2 on the go already.

I enjoy Joyce Meyer’s books so when I saw “Approval Addiction” in the pile, I just had to read it first. It’s really good and deals with real, practical heart issues. The book is reader friendly – an easy read.

Joyce Meyer expounds on what an “approval addict” is and gives insight on how to be released from these character traits. God gives all the affirmation anyone needs and through Him, we can attain freedom.

Some quotable quotes from the book:
1. Knowing who we are in Christ sets us free from the need to impress others.
2. Look to God for what you need, not to people.
3. Prayer releases power into our lives.
4. The ability to forgive requires an attitude of humility.
5. We need each other.
6. Jesus desires that you feel whole, complete and satisfied



Compiled by Molly Manhanga

No comments: