Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Spiritual Well - Being with Angus Buchan pt 8


Fight the fear – and win!



Fear, as one definition has it, is a “feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something.” In other words, fear relates to something still to happen.

But the only thing in this life we really need to be afraid of is fear itself, nothing else. Jesus Christ says very clearly in 2 Timothy 1:7 “I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love and of a sound mind.”



Fear, on the other hand, paralyses a person....................................................

It is difficult to move forward or backwards..........................................I had to pray that God would give me strength because I couldn’t move. I found myself starting to crouch down and trying to control myself.



I had to make a choice – to let the spirit of fear overcome me or press on in faith. Eventually I decided to press on. I asked the Lord to give me strength.......



I want to encourage you to conquer that fear. It might be in your marriage, it might be in your farming operation – but it’s a perception, it’s not the truth.



As it says in Philippians 4:13: “We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us.”



If you are wondering on doing something – seek the Lord first (Matthew 6:33)   “......and His righteousness and all of these other things will be added onto you.”



Then go for it!






No comments: