Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meet Artaj Singh

It was great meeting Artaj Singh who comes from Canada and getting to know him a bit better. He visited Ebenezer and Justin Thebe in Mablauwuni community. This is what he said:

M.M: Which part of Canada are you from?
A.S: Niagara Falls

M.M: The Niagara Falls is really beautiful! How did you meet your wife Judy?
A.S: Judy and I are now married for 29 years. We met in medical school and got engaged 3 months later. By year end we were married. We have a ten and a half year old daughter Elyana which means God has answered. The name is from Eli and Hannah. Elyana was born after 18 years of marriage.

M.M: What work have you been doing these last years and what do you sense God saying to you now?
A.S: I have been a Medical Doctor on and off since 1985. I was then an Investment Banker in the U.S for 4 years but I've been back in the medical field for the last 10 years. I am now sensing that the Lord is taking me through a transition into finance and missions.

M.M: Great! How best would you describe your Zim trip this time round?
A.S: I've been involved with Mozambique and Zimbabwe for the last 10 years and about a month ago I sensed that I needed to be in Zimbabwe. I called up Scott Marques and received confirmation and affirmation. I have come to build relationship as Kingdom work comes out of relationships. I'm also here about vision, impartation and clarity on my part and the larger body.

M.M: Interesting! What do you do to relax?
A.S: I'm into wood turning. I collect wood from all over the world and make bowls of all shapes and sizes. I have done 35 bowls of different wood. I'm fascinated by God's creation....the natural colours are therapeutic and phenomenal. I have a new appreciation of God's creativity.

M.M: Has God been saying anything on your "Me - Alone" times?
A.S: I think about the Kingdom and have a heart for Africa - probably be catalytic in what God is ushering in Africa. Africa is on the threshold of a new season and it will all converge. I am getting an understanding of what God is doing. When I look at Justin Thebe, I see a young african impacting a community. I see chicken coops being built around the village and tomatoes being grown in obedience to God. The most exciting 20 minutes was here in Mablauwuni village. God is at work.

M.M: Thanks so much Artaj. I hope God continues speaking to you and you get a clear sense of the direction he is leading you in. Have a great time in Harare before you head home.



By Molly Manhanga 

No comments: