Friday, March 16, 2012

Up close and personal with Michael Mix

Michael Mix

It was great chatting to the Life Change Team and getting to know them better.
Michael Mix attends Christ Church in Fort Scott which is led by Brian Studer.
M.M: Tell me something about your background?
M.M: I was born in Kansas and have lived there for most of my life. My parents still live in Kansas. I have 1 younger sister and 2 step brothers. i did my schooling in Kansas until university when I moved to Joplin, Missouri. I didn't grow up in the church. I got saved when I was 17 years old and almost immediately went to South America. God captured my heart for the Nations.
M.M: Where did you meet your wife Angela?
M.M: I met Angela at Joplin university. Actually, it's a Bible College. I didn't finish because I felt God telling me to train in the field of "Water" as a profession. Angela and I have been married for 12 years now and we have 3 children: Marion who is 10 years, Samuel who is 9 years and Emma who is 6.
Michael came bearing good gifts.......
M.M: What are your impressions of Zimbabwe and the people?
M.M: I love it! Things are much simpler here. The issues and solutions are more clearer. The people are friendly and more given to community rather than having their independence. back home, it is hard to get people to open up.
M.M: What has your experience been like at Crossroads?
M.M: I felt at home because the holy Spirit is here. It is really wonderful to worship with people of a different culture.
M.M: What did you think of your visit into the community?
M.M: I can see the effect the church is having in the community in very practical ways. The gospel is being demonstrated in very practical ways. It inspires and challenges me.
M.M:Who has had the greatest influence in your life?
M.M: The Eldership team in my church.
M.M: What's your favourite quote?
M.M: Jim Elliot "He is no fool who gives away what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose."
M.M: Great! Would you like to visit Zimbabwe again?
M.M: Yes and this time I'd like to come with my wife.
M.M: That would be so good! Have a safe flight back home.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: